Sharekhan is probably one of the leaders of online trading in India offers a full range of monetary products and services which include securities brokerage, mutual fund distribution, credit versus shares, ESOP financing, IPO financing and, wealth management.
Sharekhan was established in Mumbai by Shripal Morakhia in the year 2000.Sharekhan established the online singly broking industry and leveraged on the first flow of digitization when dematerialization (demat) of securities came into effect and electronic trading was introduced in the stock exchanges.
In India, Sharekhan includes more than 3500 workers and allocated in 500 cities in 154 branches, even plus 2,300 business co-workers. The company has 14 lakh customers and on a proportion, performs about four lakh jobs per day.
Sharekhan has regarded unbelievable growth over last 10+ years through it is very helpful online trading platform and the chain of franchises located in almost every part of India.
Sharekhan is now a totally owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas, BNP Paribas rebranded it as Sharekhan.
To all sorts of clients including private investors, dealers, corporate, institutional and NRI’s Sharekhan provides its services. Since Dec 2014, Sharekhan has plus 13 lakh clients. Sharekhan grants trade execution facilities for equity funds and derivatives segments on BSE and NSE, stocks trading facilities on MCX and NCDEX. Sharekhan also submits depository services (demat account) and choose to invest in common funds and IPOs.
Sharekhan website is a well-made investment gateway for India stock exchange. The well-designed website presents an all-inclusive variety of investment options, share market news, research reports, stock quotes, fundamental and statistical info through equity, common funds, IPOs and much more.
Sharekhan also gives ‘Sharekhan Trade Tiger’, one of the greatest common trading terminals, for retail investors. The Trade Tiger is alike to Broker Terminus and lets regular traders put and execute their orders at a high speed.
It also presents live data and other tools on the same screen to assist the users with their trades.
Share khan’s ‘Share Mobile’ platform offers trading ability through a mobile application. Mobile apps are ready for iPhone, iPad, Blackberry, Android and other phones.
Services given by Sharekhan involve dealing in equity, F&O, Commodity, and investment in IPO’s, Mutual Funds, Insurance, Bonds and NCD’s. The company also present Sharekhan Demat Account, which listed as a depository partner among NSD & CDS.
Sharekhan offers a collection of accounts to suit user’s requirement. These accounts cover Sharekhan initial Step Account, Sharekhan Classic Account, Sharekhan Portfolio Mgmt. Services (PMS) and Trade Tiger Account, within Sharekhan Platinum Account.
Sharekhan has its own analysis teams that regularly announces investment advice, stock tips, quarterly company result analysis and news alerts to its client through email, SMS and on Sharekhan website. Sharekhan has a great information center on its website to help commodity market investors of all sorts.
It also provides free online, and classroom seminars/workshops to investors. All Sharekhan Accounts come with online and in-person help from Sharekhan deputy.
To begin E-Trading with Sharekhan, you require creating a Trading Account including a Depository (and Demat shares) Account besides Sharekhan Ltd. Sharekhan is Depository partner with NSDL and CDSL.
Seven reasons to choose Sharekhan
All investment options – Equities, IPO, Common Funds, ETFs, Commodities, F&O
No charges for fund transfer from and to the bank account.
No costs for DP transaction.
FREE Call & Trade service
Classroom training, seminars, and workshop for investors.
For F & O, Sharekhan allows fixed deposit as collateral.
Sharekhan, the brokerage organization from the Mumbai based SSKI Group, has been taken by BNP Paribas, France’s biggest bank on July 30, 2015. With Sharekhan acquisition, BNP Paribas become the second greatest stockbroker in India. Sharekhan
Sharekhan brokerage charges- 2017
Daily Deals: 0.1% on the buying party and 0.1% on the selling party. This is subjected to the smallest brokerage of 5 paise per share. This states that if the share price you trade in is Rs 50/- or less, the smallest brokerage of 5 paise per share will be charged.
For Delivery Based Trades: 0.5% on the buying party and 0.5% on the selling party. This is subjected to the smallest brokerage of 10 Paisa per share. Smallest brokerage of 10 Paisa per share will be applicable when the share price is Rs 20/- or less.
Brokerage of Rs 16/- per scrip will apply if the completely traded rate is Rs 3200/- or less in the status of sale transaction.
It will only apply to SELL Delivery Transactions.
Equity Future: 0.10% on the first stake, 0.02% on the second stake if squared off on the similarly day and 0.10% if squared off on some other day.
Option: ShareKhan fees Rs. 100/- per batch or 2.5% on the premium (whichever is higher).
The client pays the fees (brokerage) when purchasing or selling stocks within Sharekhan.
The brokerage costs for equity, products, and currency derivative trading for Sharekhan explain as below.
ShareKhan Deal Charges:
Equity Arrival: 0.125% (Both sides)
Equity daily: 0.025% (sell side)
Derivatives (Futurity): 0.017% (sell side)
Derivatives (Options): 0.017% only on sell side if squared off. (On premium)
ShareKhan Stamp Duty
Equity transmission: 0.010%
Daily trades: 0.002%
Derivatives Futurity: 0.002% on actual price
Option: 0.002% on premium.
ShareKhan other charges
Service Taxation 10.30% on Brokerage + deal Charges
( 10% Service taxation + Education Cess 2% of Service Tax + Higher Education Cess 1% of Service Tax).
Turnover Tax 0.00335% for Cash Section (0.00325% + 0.0001% Sebi Turnover Fees) and 0.002% for Futures on actual rate (0.0019% + 0.0001% Sebi Proceeds Fees) and 0.0501 on premium ( 0.05% + 0.0001% Sebi Proceeds Fees).
Trading and Demat Account
Trading and Demat Account Opening Charges: Free
Trading Annual maintenance charges (AMC): charges are completely flexible against the brokerage.
Demat Account Annual Maintenance cost (AMC): Rs 400 (No charges for the first year with the trading account.)
Sharekhan Minimum Brokerage: 5paisa/share for intraday transactions and 10 paisa/day for delivery transactions.
Sharekhan’s Pre Paid Scheme:
ShareKhan gives various Pre Paid Brokerage dispositions where investors must pay the brokerage money upfront to take advantage the lowest brokerage charges during a year. Some dispositions are – AMC 6000, AMC 10000, AMC-18000, AMC-30000, AMC-60000 and AMC-100000.Please refer below table for final Detail plan.
Sharekhan’s Post Paid Plan:
Sharekhan offered this unique postpaid plan based on keeping margin money in your account. The raised the margin money, the below the brokerage will be. You can keep the margin money beginning from 25k to 20 lakhs to take benefit of this plan’s offerings.
ShareKhan Award program like ‘refer a friend’ and ‘Get an Associate link’ gives you a chance to earn 10% of brokerage or Rs 2 on every trade done by your referral.
Sharekhan Web, Android & iPhone app and Computer-based trading platform – 2017
Sharekhan provides a terminal, web and mobile app trading for the clients.
Sharekhan Trade Tiger: Trade Tiger is the downloadable terminal based online trading platform of Sharekhan, which is very strong platform that needs a slight knowledge.
Some of its features are:
One platform for various interchange BSE & NSE (Cash & F&O), MCX, NCDEX, Currency, reciprocal Funds, and IPOs
Various Market Watch available on a Single Screen
Many Charts with Systematically during the day and at the End of the Day Charting powered with
Graph Studies include Average, and MACD, etc.
Apply all such as Vertical, Horizontal, Trend, Retracement & Free lines
The user can preserve his own fixed screen as well as graph template that is, saving the plan for futurity use.
User-defined alarm arranging on a data Stock Price trigger
Tools ready to measure market such as Tick Query, Ticker, Market Summary, and Action Watch.
Shortcut key for FAST access to order forms & reports
Online money transfer activated with 14 Banks
Trade Tiger Access fees (applied to online trading only):-Additional Fee of Rs. 3000 + legal charges
Share Mobile: Share mobile is an app. for ios and Android smartphones. An earlier version used was Sharekhan MINI. Many of the features of Share Mobile are:
- Multi-Exchange streaming watch list.
- Money transfer
- Dealing on NSE, BSE, MCX, MCDEX
- Alive Reports, Market Indices, and News
- The during day Charts
- Sharekhan Membership Information
- Sharekhan NSE Membership:
- Capital Market (CM) – INB231073330
- Future & Options (F&O) – INF231073330
- Currency Derivatives (CDS) – INE231073330
- Sharekhan BSE Membership:
- Capital Market (CM) – INB011073351
- Future & Options (F&O) – INF010752039
- Sharekhan MCX Membership:
- MCX-SX CDS: INE261073330
- NCDEX: NCDEX/TCM/CORP/0142
- MCX: MCX/TCM/CORP/0425
Depository Participant: NSDL-IN-DP-NSDL-233-2003; CDSL-IN-DP-CDSL-271-2004
Sharekhan Account Types
1. Classic account
Grant investor to trade stocks online along with the next features like those that multiplied watch lists, Integrated Banking, demat and digital deals, Real-time portfolio tracking with price signals and Instant credit transfer.
This account additional provides a net based online trading, calls, and dial facility at free of charge. Some of its highlights are:`
- Secure Trading over the phone using two of your numbers.
- Combination of online trading, Bank, and Demat account
- Immediate cash transfer ability versus purchase & sale of shares
- IPO investments
- Immediate order and trade acceptance by e-mail
- Personal screen interface for funds and derivatives
- Online trading account for investing in Equities and commodities
- Free trading by Phone (Dial-n-Trade)
- Two dedicated numbers for setting your orders with your smartphone or landline.
- Automatic money balance transfer by phone banking (Citibank and HDFC bank clients)
- Easy and Secure active Voice Responding system for authentication
- Get the dependable, proficient help of our telebrokers
- After hours order placement ease within 8.00 am and 9.30 am
- Integration of: Online trading, Bank, and Demat account
- Immediate cash transference facility against purchase and sale of shares
- IPO investments
- Immediate order and trade support by e-mail
- Personal screen interface for money and derivatives
2. Trade Tiger account
This is an internet-based executable app for existing traders who trade regularly through the day’s trading assembly.
Following are few common highlights of Trade Tiger account.
- A unique program for various exchange BSE & NSE (Cash & F&O), MCX, NCDEX
- Multiplied Market Watch available on Single Screen
- Hotkeys related to a traditional broker terminal
- Link with twelve banks for an online balance transfer of funds
- Various tools available to measure exchange like Tick Query, Ticker, Market Summary, Action Watch, Options Premium Calculator, and Span Calculator
- Graphics studies are available including Average, Band- Bollinger, Know Sure Thing, MACD, RSI, etc.
Sharekhan Account starting Fees / Annual Maintenance Charges (AMC)
To start Sharekhan account you must pay account beginning charges and annual maintenance charges (AMC).
- Sharekhan grants a different trading platform to suit client’s requirement. This involves online trading, installing terminal, phone, call & trade, and in-person trade through branch offices.
- It grants various brokerage slabs to suit particular clients. Higher your trade your brokerage gets decreased. They have multiplied brokerage schemas are available with them.
- Sharekhan provides online classes training, workshops, and seminars to investors.
- Sharekhan does not impose for Online balance Transfer from the bank account and money Pay-out to the bank account.
- Sharekhan does not impose for DP activities. Transfer & Share to the DP accounts is totally free.
- Sharekhan has a wide chain of branches in India. You can find surely locate a Sharekhan in your area.
- Call & Trade facility is free with Sharekhan.
- Sharekhan allows secured deposit as collateral for futurity and options trading.
- Sharekhan does not allow three-in-one account, as they do not present banking assistance.
- They brokerage charges are percentage based which is expensive in comparison to flat fee brokers.
- They charge the smallest brokerage of 10 paisa through stock will not allow you trade stocks under 20 rs.
- (If you trade, you will lose bulk of your funds in brokerage).
- Ability to place orders after trading hours is not available.
- Classic account owners cannot trade goods.
Sharekhan grievance initiated at BSE / NSE:
The number of customers protested against Sharekhan share agent. The Sharekhan customer complaints present the summary of complaint, which went to the exchange for resolution.
Sharekhan customer complaints
Final thought about Sharekhan
Sharekhan is a great brand in share brokerage Industry with over 13 lakh client base, strong online trading tools, Research-based finance advice, and dedicated client service. ShareKhan is best suited for newbies in the market who can receive help from its branches in your area but only at the price of paying high brokerage. The challenge Sharekhan and all other full-service brokers are facing with emerging of new discount brokers in the market is inevitable and has to fight hard to stay in business.
You can start your new Sharekhan account right here